SAA delays domestic ops

SAA will not resume domestic operations next week as previously communicated by the airline.

The airline sent out a statement to the trade, which was confirmed by Louise Brugman, spokesperson for the Business Rescue Practitioners (PRPS) – Siviwe Dongwana and Les Matuson – saying it would re-accommodate passengers booked on the Johannesburg to Cape Town route, which were set to commence from June 15 on Mango.

“Expect notifications on the GDS queues,” SAA said.

Agents could also expect a notification in “the next few days” indicating the support departments that will be operational to assist with re-accommodation queries, the statement said.